SEO: Optimize Product Pages in your Magento ecommerce
Optimize Product Pages in your Magento ecommerce
Optimizing web pages is always a consideration between creating good content as well as optimizing for Google. And the competition gets even harder when may online retailers offer similar products and services. So is there a way to distinguish themselves from your competitors?
7 steps to get your Product pages optimized in Magento
1. Get to know your customers and their daily obstacles and problems
To better understand your market segment, ask these questions:
- What problem(s) are your customers trying to solve?
- What past solutions have (or haven’t) worked for them?
- Where are your customers searching for solutions?
- What terms are they using to search for solutions?
- How does your product solve their specific want or need?
- What makes it better than your competitor’s solutions?
- What was the deciding factor(s) which made customers choose your product?
- What positive things have past and current customers said about your product?
2. Analyze your keywords once more
SEO efforts will largely depend on which terms or keywords you choose to target and these needs to be evaluated from time to time. And be aware of the long tail keywords and the short tail keywords and use both of them.
There are a large numbers of tools to use to get search potential in certain keywords and related content. You could use for example:
3. Ensure you follow SEO best practices
Once you have a plan for which keywords to use you can start to embody these in your SEO work.
Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
Include Descriptive Headers
Use Rich Snippets
Add Images Alt Text
4. Add images and video
Overall, it’s definitely worth investing in high-quality images and videos as they will significantly raise the level of customer engagement on your product pages.
5. Optimize your call-to action
Make your customers do what you want the to do by a call to action.
Website speed is a quite new but important factor for your visibility in search results.
7. Test Performance
Working with seo and optimize your product pages does not mean that once you have done this. Your goal is to develop a data-supported SEO strategy which will evolve over time.
Look at Google Analytics to see which of your pages are getting the most traffic and conversions.
So to keep you up to date with your SEO work, make sure you have a plan/process for this end execute on this. Evaluate your results in your Google Analytics or likewise and do the process over again.
Please, register your email and we will send you more tips and ideas.